- I overreact, or appropriately react, to one of my children’s infractions (or just plain kid moments) in a decidedly un-Yogic volume
- I react badly to the drivers misbehaving on the road
- or my body tenses when I see a driver on the phone or texting behind the wheel (especially when my van is kid-full)
- the conversation takes a gossipy turn and I find myself participating
- I judge a situation unfairly
When talking about our experiences driving with our kids in the car, a very good friend of mine told me that she says “Dude” in lieu of dropping the “F” bomb.
That’s why I practice.